The next-generation High Security platform with patented key control
MT5®, the new-generation High Security cylinder platform, is Mul-T-Lock’s newest response to the needs and requests of millions of customers around the world. Listening to our markets, and utilizing decades of know-how and innovation, we have created an advanced solution - designed to enhance the peace of mind of 21st century consumers.
The new MT5 platform includes multiple locking mechanisms, providing either dual (MT5®) or triple (MT5®+) patented locking for enhanced security in any application.
Dual & Triple Locking Mechanisms
- A new configuration of Mul-T-Lock’s well-honed telescopic pin technology (MT5® and MT5®+)
- A new patented Alpha Spring: a mobile element located at the tip of the key, which engages a special pin to create an additional shearline (MT5® and MT5®+)
- A powerful side bar locking mechanism, which interacts with unique horizontal finger pins (MT5®+ only)
Together, the 3 mechanisms produce millions of possible locking combinations, significantly heightening the user’s sense of security.
Patented key control
The MT5 patent, in force until 2025, enables excellent key control, which is enhanced by a special key authorization magnetic strip card. Keys are duplicated by a dedicated key cutting machine, upon presentation of the magnetic key card.
Extensive master keying capabilities
The MT5 platform supports a wide range of master key systems, from relatively small and simple networks to very large and complex systems, incorporating both hierarchy and matrix design requirements.
3 in1 option
Mul-T-Lock’s 3in1 solution, allowing users to conveniently change the combination without replacing the cylinder, is available in the MT5 platform.
Locksmith friendly features
The MT5’s developers gave a great deal of thought to the needs of Mul-T-Lock’s most faithful partners: the locksmiths. Special features for locksmiths include:
- Exclusive keyway options based on a special milled pattern in the key of the MT5+
- The ability to design master key systems for customers, using Mul-T-Lock’s MASTERpiece software.
- The advanced electronic KC5 key cutting machine, that cuts large series of keys by interfacing with MASTERpiece software.
- Friendly cylinders that may be assembled in the locksmith’s shop.
The MT5 platform meets some of the most stringent international standards:
To download the catalogue page Click Here
To download the MT5 brochure Click Here